"With the latest technology, it is now possible to do hair transplantation without shaving your hair completely. We shave only a small section in the donor area where the grafts will be collected."
Unshaved Hair Transplantation is among the top questions asked by those who want to have a hair transplant today. Individuals are afraid to take a nap because they are worried about their appearance. Especially in women, cutting long hair suddenly reaches the extent of trauma. However, the solution for all of them is Unshaved Hair Transplantation if your hair structure is suitable for this.
Why do people who want to have a hair transplant do not want to have their hair cut?
- More women than men want unshaven hair transplantation. People who have used hair for many years prefer unshaved hair transplantation as it will cause trauma.
- Although people have overcome prejudices about hair transplantation, those who want to have hair transplantation may need to hide.
- Individuals who feel that they are constantly attracted to attention in social and business life may turn to unshaved hair transplantation.
Unshaved hair transplantation is possible with DHI Technique, FUE and Sapphire FUE techniques. There are 4 options for those who want to have a hair transplant. The first is shaved hair transplant, which is the most preferred. Both the donor area and the area to be transplanted can be shaved and the whole area can be observed easily. The second most preferred option is the option where only the donor area is shaved. By creating a window in the donor area, hair follicles are collected one by one from there. The options other than these two are partially shaved and completely unshaved hair transplantation. These have their conditions and challenges.
Unshaved Hair Transplant Methods
First of all, it should be noted. If the open area of the individual is above 3500-4000 grafts, unshaven hair transplantation is not possible. Since limited roots will be collected from the donor area and the area to be transplanted, the area to be transplanted must also be restricted. It is recommended to choose Unshaved Hair Transplantation for 1000-2500 grafts.
Partially Shaved Hair Transplant
It is a suitable method for individuals who have long hair and the need for grafts does not exceed 2500 levels. At the back of the hair, a window-shaped or rectangular area between the two ears is shaved and the hair follicles are collected from there. Since the person's hair will be long, the window is closed directly. The person will not experience any loss of appearance.
Advantages of Partially Shaved Hair Transplantation
- The person performing the hair transplant operation will preserve the length and appearance of the hair.
- Since it is not clear that he had hair transplantation, he can easily return to his business and social life without any self-confidence problems.
- Since less hair follicle transplantation takes place in this hair transplant operation, the healing process is also shortened.
- After the hair transplant operation, it will not be noticed as the donor area will be covered with hair.
Disadvantages of Partially Shaved Hair Transplantation
- This type of hair transplant operation can only be applied to individuals with long hair.
- Since the hair follicle to be taken in a single operation is limited, the amount of follicle taken may be small
- If unshaved hair transplantation is requested despite the large gap, the open area can only be closed in a few sessions and the average interval of other sessions after the operation should be 6-9 months.
- Since the donor area from which the hair follicles are taken is limited, it can be worn by taking more roots than necessary in the hands of an inexperienced specialist.
- Since the difficulty of the operation will increase, an additional fee may be charged to the person who will perform the hair transplant operation.
Completely Unshaved Hair Transplantation Method
This method is more difficult than partially unshaven hair transplantation. It is absolutely necessary for the hair to be spaced and the roots to be removed easily. In addition, the area that needs transplantation should have a maximum of 1000 grafts. The method that makes this operation different from other hair transplant operations is the use of special pens.
With a special fine needle pen that grasps the hair follicles, the hair strands are taken with their roots and transplanted to the open area instantly. However, the hair transplanted in every hair transplant method will experience shock shedding and will start to grow again by going through the same process.
Unshaved Hair Transplant Method Advantages
- Before the hair transplant operation, the hair is not shaved in any way.
- In this transplantation method, not only long-haired people, but also short-haired people, compared to the partially unshaven hair transplantation method, can benefit.
- Since it will be taken from the donor area homogeneously, it is impossible to lose the image when it is closed.
- In the hair transplant operation, the healing time will be shorter since very few open area grafts will be transplanted.
Disadvantages of Unshaved Hair Transplantation Method
- The biggest disadvantage of this type of hair transplant operation is that it requires a high degree of experience and expertise. Operation in the wrong hands may also cause problems.
- Less grafts are taken compared to Sapphire FUE Hair Transplantation and FUE Hair Transplantation. However, hair transplantation up to 1000 roots can be performed with advancing technology and experts.
- The operation process will be the same. Shock shedding will be experienced as in every hair transplant process.
- Since the operation performed with this method will be more difficult than other methods, the cost is also high.
It is observed that people who have undergone unshaved hair transplantation are mostly satisfied with their experiences. A small number of people say that they started to think that it is better to close the open area in one session with partially shaved transplantation. Hair transplant specialists recommend shaved or at least partially shaved hair transplantation. Unshaved hair transplantation is not recommended except necessity. Since the number of grafts will be limited, it may affect the natural appearance. You can contact us for more detailed information and to discuss with our expert.